Thursday, February 19, 2015

Artsy Fartsy Night

I absolutely LOVE nights when we, as a family, spend lots of creative time together. The older the boys get the more they tend to do their own thing which is great but I miss that time when they were little and excited to do art with their mom. 

But last night I was able to talk my kids into helping me with one of my creative endeavors. I bought myself an anatomy book and am slowly working my way through it in order to better understand body structure to improve my figure drawing skills. I always enjoyed figure drawing but haven't done any serious figure drawing since college. 


And my kids agreed to do a little modeling for me! Hope I can make this a daily habit! The boys were pretty patient and sat still for a FIVE WHOLE MINUTES!! For them that's practically an eternity! Yahoo I think lasted a total of 60 seconds and even then I had to sketch fast, she was always moving! 


Yip even set up my camera in order to work on a stop action film with his superhero figures. He got about half done before the battery died...sorry bud! When (and if) he finishes it I'll be sure to share! 

And Yahoo had her own special artwork to share especially with me this week! Yesterday I painted a Leprechaun for an upcoming painting party. 


But when Yahoo saw it she immediately said,
 "Mommy that painting isn't good!!" 
"Why?" I asked thoroughly puzzled. (I thought I'd done pretty good considering how fast I'd painted it.) 
"You can't see his face!!" 
(enter eye roll and exasperated face of five year old)
"I will show you how to make a GOOD leprechaun!" 



A GOOD Leprechaun

Yes dear. I totally see my mistakes. Thank you so very much for setting me straight!! LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails